Skip to content

If you’re considering studying in another country, you will need to fill out an application, and you may require translation of the form itself or documents related to that application. ULS can help with this process.

In particular, ULS can provide certified translations of documents required for visa applications.

Documents We Translate Include:

  • Admissions Applications
  • Letters of Recommendation
  • Academic Transcripts
  • Course Descriptions
  • Birth Certificates
  • Medical Records
  • Financial Records
  • Law Enforcement Records

Visas & Immigration

Studying in another country is a rewarding and enriching experience, but it requires some preparation. A major component of that preparation is obtaining permission to study abroad, in the form of a visa. The type of visa you need depends on many factors, including what you’re planning to study, and how long your course of study is expected to take.

If that sounds confusing, don’t worry – help is available!

Since visas are required for study abroad programs, your school will often have resources to help guide you through the process. They can provide you with the necessary forms, applications and other documentation, curated for your specific needs. Once you have those documents, ULS can translate them so they’re ready for submission to the appropriate places, whether that’s a government agency or the university where you’ll be studying.

ULS is available every step of the way, offering translations for additional forms, correspondence, or other communications involved in the study abroad process. We can even arrange for interpreters to be available for any interviews or consultations that might be necessary!

The ULS Difference

At ULS, we know that it is not enough to simply translate your documents. Translated documents should also be formatted in a way that makes it easy for admissions and/or immigration officers to read and, if necessary, compare to the original document. That is why ULS takes the time to recreate the formatting and appearance of your documents.

Moreover, for legal purposes your translations should be certified to be accepted by government authorities. ULS is experienced in the certification process and can help.

What Is a Certified Translation?

Document translation renders written content from one language into another. Certified translations may be required for medical and immunization records, birth certificates, passports, and other legal documents.

A certified translation provides an attestation of accuracy, which then allows the translation to be submitted into a legal proceeding or other official function, such as a visa application.

The requirements for certified translation vary from one country to another. In federal systems of government such as the US, requirements can vary from state to state or from province to province.

At ULS, we follow the standards appropriate for the venue where you documents need to be submitted. By doing so, we reduce the possibility that your documents will be rejected by the receiving authority.

Get a Free Quote

When you have an academic or legal document that requires certified translation, you want a language service company you can rely on. University Language Services has you covered.


Phone +1 800-419-3920


University Language Services

15 Maiden Lane, Suite 300

New York, NY 10038


Get A Quote

When you have an academic document that requires certified translation or need help transcribing class lectures, you want a language service company you can rely on. That’s where we come in.

Request A Quote